As we have discuss the various Forms of Business in India, In various Form of business one form is Partnership Firm
Today we are discussing on registration of partnership firm in Maharashtra, documents required for registration of partnership firm in Maharashtra, how to form a partnership firm, how to make a partnership deed.
I.DRAFTING/MAKING Of PARTNERSHIP DEED
First step to register the firm is Draft the partnership deed which should contain Name and address of partner, Nature and place of business, Duration of Business, capital contribution and Profit and loss sharing between partner, Remuneration payable to partner, Any other terms and condition as mutually agreed between the partners.
II.FORMATION OF PARTNERSHIP FIRM
- Make a Partnership deed
- Take the print on 500 Rs Stamp Paper (Stamp paper must be in the name of firm or partners). Note Stamp duty payment can be made online on the site GRAS.
- Take the Signature of all the partner with witness on the last page.
III. ONLINE REGISTRATION OF PARTNERSHIP FIRM
Now Online registration of partnership firm is available in site www.rof.maharashtra.gov.in, but after online submitting the application hard copy of all the required documents need to be physically submitted to the department. online submission of documents is provided in the site www.rof.maharashtra.gov.in yet, hope it will come soon.
After forming partnership firm, register the deeds in government of Maharashtra by following steps–
- Go to www.rof.maharashtra.gov.in.
- For Online filing creates a New ID for every Firm.
- Change Password
- Go to Firm Management Tab and click on Raise Form A
- Fill the Form A columns in the form in English and Marathi(While filing the Form A all the words of Marathi deed and English deed should be matched)
- Click on Submit buttons
- Take Print of Form A on Green Ledger Paper
- Make the Marathi translation of English deed
- Make the Serial Number Notary on Form A in Court
- Date of filling of documents must be within one month of such notarization.
- The stamp paper which is used for execution of Deed of Partnership should be dated within 6 months of the date of issue of such stamp paper.
- If Deed is not duly stamp or in other case if six month has been lapsed after the execution of deed then in such cases the deed is required to be adjudicated by the Stamp Authority.
IV.DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR REGISTRATION OF PARTNERSHIP FIRM –
Submit the following list of documents in Registrar of Firm and verified the documents.
- Covering letter with Rs. 5 stamp on it.
- Form A duly Notarized (on Green Ledger Paper), Green Ledger paper is mandatory Normal Paper is not allowed.
- Copy of English Partnership Deed duly attested by Notary, (C.A can also attest)
- Converted Marathi Partnership Deed Duly attested by Notary(C.A can also attest)
- One Blank Non Judicial Stamp Paper Letter of Authority
- Registration Fees Rs. 1600 (Previously it is Rs 750/-) in favor of Registrar of firm, Mumbai.
- Letter of Authority duly signed by all the partners.
- Any particular business requiring License to carry out the business the copy of License is to be submitted along with the submission. If License is not obtained then an Affidavit form signed by all the partners with serial number notary should be submitted.
V.OBJECTION BY THE REGISTRAR
If there is any objection by the registrar he will send you the courier, the objection letter will be Marathi, Go to the department and submit the additional documents required by them and clear the objection issue by them
VI.CERTIFICATE OF FIRM REGISTRATION
After submitting all the documents you will get the Acknowledgment (payment Pauti) at a same time. It will take 5-7 Month to get certificate of registration. Certificate of Registration will be Courier by the department. It will be better for fast registration to visit the department with Acknowledgment after 3-4 month of submission of the documents.
VII Registrar of Firm Maharashtra
Registrar of firm is an government officer. for formation of partnership firm no need to submit documents to the registrar of firm but for registering the partnership firm it is necessary to submit the documents to registrar of firm and in case of any query registrar can issue notice and firm registration certificate is also issued by the registrar of firm.
Amendment in partnership firm
For amendment in partnership firm like change in partner , address etc
Supplementary deed to be prepared.
For registration of Supplementary deed form E to be filed.
Make a DD of Rs 1200 in favor of ROF Mumbai
Note for change in capital of ROF
Only supplementary deeds need to be prepared on stamp paper, you cannot register capital in ROF
Value of stamp paper for increase in capital
Stamp paper will be Rs 500 for any increment in capital by existing partner, if new partner brings capital than stamp paper should be of Rs 5000